“To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” ~William Londen
Simple and easy kimchi rice. It’s not for everyone but for someone like me who’s almost allergic to everything(shrimp, shellfish, gluten, soy, etc) Its quite hard to find different recipes you can cook everyday that’s easy and yummy at the same time.
Thus I went to a korean grocery store and bought some locally made KIMCHI.
But why KIMCHI?
- Why to try it: Kimchi (or kimchee) is loaded with vitamins A, B, and C, but its biggest benefit may be in its “healthy bacteria” called lactobacilli, found in fermented foods like kimchi and yogurt.
- This good bacteria helps with digestion, plus it seems to help stop and even prevent yeast infections, according to a recent study.
- And more good news: Some studies show fermented cabbage has compounds that may prevent the growth of cancer. -from health.com (awesome!)
How I thought of making the kimchi rice was when me and my friends went to this Korean Restaurant to eat and they had Kimchi rice.
And yes, I did try to re-make it at home in my own way.
this is Gluten-free, but I warn those who are reactive to spicy food and are new to KIMCHI.
What you need:
1/2 cup of kimchi(any brand to your liking will do)
1 potato, peeled and cut into cubes
1 cup of rice
1 tsp. of Sesame oil
pinch of salt
Any good oil for stir-frying stuff(i used olive oil for this one hehe)
What you will do:
- Heat a pan then add oil, heat the oil then add the potatoes.
- Mix in the sesame oil and add a pinch of salt.
- Cook the potatoes through and add a cup of rice.
- Mix it together and make sure the potatoes are evenly scattered.
- Add the kimchi then continue mixing until the rice is nice and orange-red.
this serves 1 person but you can always cook for more, just add more kimchi and potatoes! 😀
TRY IT! HEALTH IS WEALTH YO!
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates