Something old, something New

Hello WORDPRESS! 🙂

and a big hi hello to everyone else! This is my first blog post for my “official” Portfolio blog here, aside from my blogspot.

A new blog, a fresh start, some jasmine tea, jazz music and we’re good to go!

Projects

Recently I’ve been contacted  by Adarna Publishing to make illustrations for them, which I did and I was very happy with the outcome. Now they have a new project, they want me to illustrate a whole storybook YAY! 🙂 oh my good ness if I accept that, I’m going to be a “published” illustrator! oh jooooy!

BUT, one big BUT, I have an ongoing project, an epic WEBCOMIC of sorts, that has been delayed for a while now. If i choose to accept that Adarna book project, it will just delay the webcomic project even more *gasp*!

Deadline for webcomic is May 2012. Deadline if I accept the storybook is Feb 2012.

choices, choices… Procrastination, why art thou haunting me so.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Adarna and their wonderful line of children’s books, here’s the link.

http://adarna.com.ph/

For those of you who are new to freelancing, specially illustrators such as myself, don’t be afraid to send an email to whomever Publisher or Artist you adore or wanna work with. Trust me, its worth the risk. There is a 90% chance of failure (they won’t reply or aren’t interested) but you have to ignore that and look at the 10% that DID reply to your email. That is how I started out anyway. And look where I am now, with new clients that i love and cherish with all my heart lol 🙂

Maybe I’ll do a post on HOW TO GET CLIENTS soon. For those who really have no idea and are afraid of the RISK. There is always a RISK my friends. It can be helpful or not, depending on how your outlook on life is.

Email me @ audzter@gmail.com if you have any uestions, or maybe we can work together on a project.

Who knows. God gives you the paths, it is up to you to choose which path to take.

peace out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s